Saturday, February 16, 2013

These are the days...

The weekends are the days that I love, not because I'm not at work but because I'm home with my hubby and we get to plan and do things together. Even if it's just watching TV together or doing things in our offices separately. It means that at just about anytime I can walk to him and give him a hug or a kiss if I feel like it. Sometimes when we work so hard at our jobs we get so wrapped up in our days that we forget to connect when we take our uniforms off. Even though there are some weekends where we have separate things going on it's nice to be able to relax while doing something you love and coming home to tell your spouse about it. We try to ask each other how our days went at work every day when we come home but until this past week, it's not been very busy for at least me so it's hard to really connect when I'm not busy at work at all.

This past week has been amazing, many months ago I applied and was accepted for re-training (for all you non-military types out there that means I'm getting a new job and the Air Force is going to send me to school to do it). I will be leaving for San Antonio in August to attend Pharmacy Technician school at Ft. Sam Houston. I'm so excited, but since I have to wait so long for class I was granted an opportunity which I sought out do. I now intern over at our local pharmacy on base 4 days out of the week. Some days I'm not there all day but I have had exciting news to come home and share every day this week with my husband and it's so wonderful that now our conversations don't go.. "How was your day?" "Oh, fine you know, same stuff, sat on Facebook and CNN all day long waiting for something to do." That last part is me, I very much dislike being idle and not have a job to do when I'm at work. When I'm at the pharmacy I am busy from the moment I walk through that door to the moment I leave to go home in the afternoon. It's a wonderful feeling. This has solidified my hunch that I will be extremely happy in the pharmacy field and who knows, maybe down the road I go to school to complete my Doctorite in Pharmacology. My pharmacy endeavors will be another blog for another time, this is what I get for not blogging for 2 years, I have so much to say and I have a hard time keeping my blog focused on the original idea.

I just realized that I hyjacked my own blog from talking about connecting with your spouse on the weekend to my new endeavors into a new job with the Air Force but hey, it's my blog right?

As I get ready to head off to free motion quilt class, I will kiss my hubby, tell him I love him and have an awesome few hours learning more about perfecting my quilting craft here at home and then I'll be able to come home to my hubby and tell him all about my day. I guess the one thing I want to leave everyone with is, don't just wait for Valentine's Day to show your significant other how much they mean to you, every day should be Valentine's Day. I'm not saying expect flowers everyday but I'm glad to know that at least one time a day Nick and I will tell each other "I love you." That's more important to me than some silly holiday.

Enjoy the weekend my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment