Sunday, July 7, 2013

Woot! I'm on Facebook!!

Woohoo!  Seamingly Beautiful Quilts is live on FaceBook.  Bet you thought I was talking about a personal profile huh??  Just kidding, I've had a personal FaceBook for years, it may not be the same one I started with but I've been linked up with social media since the MySpace days.  I decided that it was high time this blog get some better visibility and hopefully get my name out there.  I'm not the most magnificent quilter in the world but if I want to make this passion of mine a real job, I have to start now.  As I'm still relatively new to the whole website and blogger layout thing, my blog still isn't where I want it to look, hopefully I'll be able to fix that minor detail but for now I'm putting myself out into the world and hoping someone will take notice.  

I hope that everyone had a wonderful 4th of July weekend.  I know we did, we threw a BBQ at our house and celebrated a birthday in conjunction.  I had way to much to drink and came out of the night with a dislocated toe... yea I have no idea how that happened but it's a story for our future kids (when they happen, and no that was not an announcement).  This weekend has flown by entirely too quickly and neither one of us is ready to go to work tomorrow.

Now that it's cooled down a bit, I've finally busted out the fabric my sister sent me and I started starching, ironing and cutting the base squares for her chevron quilt.  With some of the tips and tricks I picked up from my Craftsy classes, I will have this quilt put together in no time flat.  Hopefully most of the top will be done by the time I get to San Antonio next month... EEK, next month, I can't believe that my trip is almost here.  I have so much to do still, but at least I'll be able to work on projects while I'm gone to school.  

I hope your weekend was fun and productive.  

Rachel

Find me on FB here

No comments:

Post a Comment